Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Celebrating Blake!!!

Blake's first birthday is today and I thought I would put together a blog celebrating his first year of life!! I will warn you that this is quite long and as I was looking through these pictures I cannot believe how fast a year has gone by. So...here is my Blakers!

My OBGYN decided that November 12th would be Blake's birthday because I had developed preeclyamsia and the only way to cure it is to get the baby out. I was quite nervous about having to be induced, but knew that I needed to do what was best for him and me. So, after about 7 1/2 hours of labor (thank you epidural) Blake was here.

Brand new baby....


He's thinking, "Thank goodness that is over!"

Drew meeting Blake for the first time.


So sweet!
So, after Blake was born everything looked great except his blood sugar. It was too low and they couldn't get it to go back up. So, he ended up in the NICU.

He had to eat every three hours so we could get the blood sugar up.

Too Cute!


So tiny!
Five days after he was born his body decided to get his blood sugar regulated so we finally got to go home!!

Hanging out at home.


Christmas Day!

Really...that's my brother??


Blake in the sling.

Happy boy!


Yummy cereal!


Baby food!

Baby dedication

Playing outside.

Bath in Mamaw's sink.


First breathing treatment

Runaway baby

First tastes of watermelon

Swinging at the park

Taking a ride at the cabin

Our Buzz Lightyear
Today we are spending the whole day together. Daddy even took the day off work. Later we are going to get Blake's picture taken and go out to eat. Saturday is the big party day...so more pictures will be posted then! Happy Birthday Little Blaker Bear! We love you!!!!!!

1 comment:

the Johnsons said...

wow- can't believe he's 1 already! happy birthday blake! hope you have a fun party :)